Wednesday, May 25, 2011

GESTATIONAL DIABETES

So the good news is that I DON'T have to take another test for this but the BAD news is that I do have gestational diabetes! 



So I have to go to a class all about my eating next week after work and then meet with a nutritionist to follow-up about how everything's going a week after that.  What a bummer but obviously it will be what's best for me and Lil Arroyo.  It just means I have to do small meals and snacks during the day, no fruit in the morning, avoid sugary things (which I love), prick my fingers 4 times a day to check my blood sugar, yadda yadda, yadda.  Now I have to put a lot more forethought into what I eat vs eating what sounds and tastes good at the time!  O well~I'll read up on it so I can start some good habits in the next week since it IS what's best for the baby.

So I guess I better enjoy this last bowl of spaghetti while I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment