Wednesday, June 1, 2011

31 Weeks Already?!?!?!?

I can't believe my 31st week is already here, time is literally flying by.  My diabetes class was surprisingly really good last night and extremely helpful.  I have to take my blood sugar 4x a day and everything (except non-starchy veggies, straight proteins and fats) has a carb count.  I am becoming a massive label reader to do all this math and each meal (3 small ones a day) and each snack (3 a day) have a certain amt of carbs I should be targeting for.  So as long as I stick w/those numbers things should work themselves out, but if they don't and sometimes that just happens, I may have to go on meds the last part of the pregnancy.  So we'll see.  As I said before, it's all in the numbers!

Well Lil Arroyo is definitely a mover and a shaker, he's up all the time moving around now, I'm happy to FINALLY report that my mom and sister got to feel him over the weekend, the lil buggar was always too stubborn to move when they've tried to feel him before!  (Wonder where he gets that stubborn streak from....hmmmm.)  He's definitely growing cuz I am feeling him at all sides and angles now, whether I am sitting up or laying down.  He's so cute, can't wait to see him on the ultrasound next week.

Here's what's going on with Lil Arroyo at Week 31:

This week, our baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying about 4 navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's moving a lot, too, so I am having more trouble sleeping or staying asleep because Lil Arroyo's kicks and somersaults keep me up! All this moving is a sign that our baby is active and healthy.  Yeah!

As baby's skin smoothes out, his brain just keeps getting more wrinkled. All those grooves and indentations increase surface area, meaning more room for that oh-so-essential brain tissue. He's also adding some brawn -- his grip is now strong enough to grasp a finger.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment