Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Week 32 Baby Update

Here's what's going on with Lil Arroyo this week:

Fetal Development Week 32
He weighs almost four pounds and could be up to 19 inches long. And though that's a head-to-toe length, our baby is actually back to a curled-up position in preparation for birth.  (I don't blame him, trying to stand up in those cramped quarters would be tough!)
Now I feel tapping and squirming instead of my baby's signature rocking and rolling.  That's because, while comfy, he is a bit tight for exercise space right now.  Lil Arroyo has also probably settled into the head-down, bottoms-up position in my pelvis in prepartion for birth.  That's because his head fits better at the bottom of my inverted, pear-shaped uterus.  (It obviously also makes it easier during childbirth if he comes out head first.)  Statistics say fewer than five percent of babies prefer the bottom-down (or breech) position by full-term.   And if he hasn't assumed the head down position?  {Although I think he has or is almost close because I feel a lot of small, hard pushes, kicks, movements closer to my ribs that have to be lil hands and/or feet!}  Well no worries there either, there's still a good chance he will flip head-side-down before birth — even in the tight space.
 
And as mentioned previously, because our baby is accumulating more fat, his skin is finally turning opaque (like ours), which means those see-through days are over.   Though weeks away from D-day, our baby's looking more and more like a newborn. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment