Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Issues....Issues....Issues....


Ok today must just be my rant and rave day, trying to tie up loose ends but ends up our furnture order (that we have been waiting for SINCE MARCH) had to be cancelled yesterday because everything was on back order, etc etc due to crib recalls, new regulations for 2011, yadda, yadda, yadda.  So that was a bummer and a bit irritating seeing that we have been waiting months for it all and then they still couldn't give us a definite time period as to when it would arrive.  So we cancelled it, and I guess that's what you get when you go custom. 


Anyhow, so on to the next thing, found a great crib that was actually a few dollars less on Pottery Barn Kids website and it's brand new cuz my height requirement (or is it heighth?) didn't fit their cribs when I was looking before.  So we are going w/that one and I am ordering it tomorrow.  Hope that all works out, should be here w/in 1-2 weeks. 

Sun Valley Espresso


Did take a drive out to Ikea last night because we were going to go w/one of their cribs and they are ALL OUT TOO!  GRRRRR.....so glad I made the trip out there.  Not only are there cribs totally oversold (just because they sell a lot of stuff and because of the new regulations/recalls) but they are not carrying any for over a month!  Nice waste of time.

The dresser/changing table issue though is still up in the air.  Wanted to buy one w/the crib at Pottery Barn Kids but a lot of the reviews (on their website) weren't very good and, of course, they are not cheap.  So we MAY go BACK to Ikea for the dresser for Lil Arroyo.  The colors won't be exact to the crib but at this point, WHO CARES. 

Also, did I mention I still need to pack my bag for the hospital, Lil Arroyo's bag (although I hear the hospital has almost everything you need for the newborn baby so that's nice), Roberto should pack his bag, need to do returns and wash the baby's stuff in the next week, put the car seat base in and get it checked out, etc etc etc. 

Our Skip Hop messenger diaper bag is also on order, should be here just in time for his arrival and our trip to the hospital.  Hard to decide on what to get, or get more than 1 diaper bag, a more "girlie" one for me and a more "guy" one for him but in the end I tried to listen to my realistic side and get a more practical/sturdy one.  Just looks like a messenger bag basically and in the end it's probably cheaper than what I was going to buy in the first place!  HA! 

Plus there is still the outstanding glider issue!!!! 

BUT, despite all of this I am still smiling cuz I can't wait to see Lil Arroyo's cute face on Friday at the ultrasound and soon to be in person!  It will all get done, I have lists coming out of my ears and Roberto is being patient w/me, as always.  I just love him.  More to come.....

No comments:

Post a Comment