Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Mmmmmmmm soup

So I'm constantly looking for new things to cook to fit ours/Logan's dietary needs and I've had a bag of lentils in my cupboard for months. I got a ham over the weekend and it was way too big (in fact we still have some left after eating it w/every meal!) so I tried to figure out ways to incorporate it in various dishes. (I feel like my friend's grandma, she makes a pot of beans and then feeds it to the family 10 different ways! Not quite there yet...)

I've made a pasta dish with it and cooked it with kale and now this lentil soup. I just used what I had in the house because I'm too lazy to go to the store and it turned out great! I even let the ham bone cook in w/the soup for flavor.

Logan got to try lentils for the first time today too! Looks like he's a fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment